No products in the cart.
BGAN Satellite Broadband – Fast Satellite Data for Any Application
Inmarsat’s BGAN (Broadband Global Area Network) service from Chroma SATcom is a satellite broadband service that provides simultaneous Internet and telephone connectivity through a single portable/mobile antenna terminal.
BGAN offers seamless and continuous coverage in areas where terrestrial telecom networks are non-existent, permitting you to remotely access all of the Internet-based applications you would normally use in your home or office.
Use BGAN service for web-browsing, emails, voice calls, video streaming, and text messages. Use it to establish a wired or Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) for temporary office connectivity at a remote-site, for live news broadcasts from disconnected regions, or for personal connectivity from almost anywhere on earth.
BGAN service is increasingly used around the world for remote-site monitoring, business continuity, news broadcasting, telemedicine, recreational purposes and disaster preparedness/response.
The BGAN service is accessed via a selection of small, lightweight satellite terminals (about the size of a compact notebook) that connect to your laptop or smart device. They are easy to set up, simple to use, and provide simultaneous voice and broadband data communications over the Internet, from anywhere on Earth except the extreme polar regions.
It is important to note, however, that BGAN satellite broadband service is specific to land-based applications and is not suitable for maritime or aviation use.
The BGAN satellite terminal you select will determine which BGAN services you can access. The smallest terminal (the Explorer 510) suits individual users requiring voice and data up to 464 kbps, while larger terminals like the Explorer 710 and Hughes 9211 have higher bandwidth and better streaming capabilities.
Stay Connected While On The Move
There are also terminals suited for use in vehicles, with antennas that can be mounted either magnetically or permanently on any vehicle roof.
A Robust Solution for Global Connectivity
Inmarsat delivers BGAN Satellite Broadband Service over its Inmarsat-4 (I4) satellite network, which reaches around the world—with the exception of the extreme polar regions.
BGAN integrates seamlessly with corporate networks, meets government and military security standards, and supports all major VPN products and encryption standards.
The service supports a range of guaranteed on-demand Streaming IP rates from 32kbps to at least 384kbps, and up to 450kbps with BGAN X-Stream™.
Based on IP technology, BGAN makes it possible to connect your laptop PCs, smartphones, switches, routers or other IP devices to the Internet or integrate them into your corporate network at speeds up to 492 Kbps.
If you would benefit from taking your office environment with you when traveling to locations where telecommunication infrastructure is unreliable or non-existent, then BGAN is for you.
With BGAN, you can be just as productive away from the office as in it—and you don’t require special technical expertise to set up or use BGAN service. It will run all of your computer applications securely, reliably and at speeds to match terrestrial broadband networks.
Journalists, oilfield services, military personnel, aid workers, survey crews, exploration teams and other established satellite users will especially welcome the BGAN satellite terminals’ performance, portability and simplicity..
Why Choose Us for BGAN Service?
Exclusive Premium BGAN Service Benefits For You
Choosing Chroma Communications as your BGAN service provider ensures an optimal BGAN experience—you receive our full suite of complimentary security and data control features to keep your equipment safe and avoid runaway data usage and costs.
These complimentary, premium services save you money, and you won’t find them from anyone else:
View BGAN Airtime Plans Contact a BGAN Specialist
- This simple firewall helps you to tailor the use of your airtime by setting allowed connection parameters, such as limiting access to specific IP addresses to alleviate inadvertent/inappropriate data usage.
- Virus and Malware Prevention:
- This advanced firewall will help you to block malware and virus traffic to safeguard the devices connected to your BGAN data terminal.
- Control Web Access By Category:
- Classic high-usage categories are blocked by default – eg. advertisements, gambling, adult content, etc.
- Tailor controls to fit your needs. For example, Facebook or no Facebook—you decide.
- Intrusion Prevention System:
- Protection against application and operating system vulnerability exploitation, which can lead to high unintended usage and costly bills.
- Software Update Blocking:
- Protects against major software products, like Windows, downloading updates, which lead to high unwanted usage and costly bills.
- Intelligently manage your data:
- Data-intelligence reports provide an automated push report service to show end users what data is being used.
- Get the Best Connection. Everytime.
- Our network operations provider can dynamically send your traffic via the best route. This is not necessarily the shortest connection, but it will be the best connection. For example, the route you normally drive to work may be the shortest options in terms of distance. However, today the road is congested and a division has been set-up due to construction—so while this route is the shortest way from point A to B, today it’s not the best. Having your data traffic routed via the best route will ensure the fastest possible signal transmission and help prevent data packets from getting lost in any congestion.