No products in the cart.
BEAM – Iridium PotsDOCK 9555
A fully-loaded Iridium docking station. Use this PotsDOCK to connect a standard desktop telephone to your Iridium 9555 satellite phone. Ideal for in-building installations, such as offices, operations centres, cabins, and other locations where users may prefer to make and receive satellite phone calls using a normal telephone handset.
BEAM – Iridium PotsDOCK 9555
Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 – Features:
- For use with the Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone.
- Connect a standard (analog, single line) corded or cordless desktop telephone to the Iridium 9555 satellite phone to act as the user interface for making and receiving satellite phone calls.
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity.
- RJ11/POTS interface supports telephone cable runs up to 600m/2000ft—ideal for office environments.
- Voice, SMS, Iridium short-burst data (SBD) and circuit-switched data capable
The Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 Docking Station is best for the following functions:
- Fixed-site applications where an Iridium 9555 satellite phone is installed inside a building.
- Connecting a standard (analog, single line) corded or cordless telephone to act as the user-interface for satellite communications—ideal for office environments.
- Satellite phone installations in command vehicles.
- Installations in regular vehicles (when paired with the optional privacy handset).
- Connecting a bluetooth headset.
The Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 comes with the following:
- PotsDOCK 9555 Docking Station Cradle
- 110-240 V AC power supply
- 9-32V DC power cable
- RAM universal mounting bracket
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
The Ultimate BEAM Docking Station for the Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone
The Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 (made by BEAM Communications), is a fully-loaded docking station for the Iridium 9555 satellite phone.
Boasting an array of extra features, this docking station can be used in various maritime, transportation or fixed-site applications and considerably extends the functionality of the 9555 handset.
Connect a Regular Telephone
The PotsDOCK 9555 allows the Iridium 9555 handset to be connected with any analog POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) corded or cordless telephone, DECT telephone handset, or a PBX system.
When connected to a regular telephone set, the PotsDOCK 9555 supplies power to the telephone as well as ring, dial and busy tones.
This is ideal when installing an Iridium satellite phone in a building because users can make and receive satellite phone calls on the standard desktop telephone—a more familiar user-interface than the Iridium 9555 satellite phone handset.
The telephone cable can be run up to 2000ft (600m) from the docking station—perfect when installed in large buildings and other facilities.
Bluetooth and Tracking
The PotsDOCK 9555 also has an inbuilt Bluetooth module so the user can have a complete hands-free telephone conversation over the Iridium satellite network. Having Bluetooth connectivity with the PotsDOCK 9555 also gives users the freedom to roam up to 33 feet (10 meters) from the dock.
The built-in Bluetooth module also offers intelligent tracking and alert reporting functionality. The alert and tracking module can be configured to support periodic polling or emergency alert reporting. These features are especially useful in vehicular applications.
The PotsDOCK 9555 has a built-in GPS for pinpoint accuracy and tracking worldwide. Tracking and Alert Messages can be sent via SMS or Short Burst Data, if provisioned on the Iridium 9555 handset.
Use with a Privacy Handset
This Iridium 9555 docking station also supports the use of an optional compact BEAM Privacy Handset, which is a simple slim handset (no keypad) that can be attached next to the PotsDOCK and used for having private conversations when required.
The privacy handset is most suitable when this docking station is installed in your vehicle. You would conduct all dialing on the Iridium handset’s keypad (when inserted in the PotsDOCK) and then hold the privacy handset (like a normal telephone) to have a private conversation.
We recommend adding a privacy handset if you don’t plan to connect a standard corded/cordless telephone to this Iridium docking station.
The Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 comes with a universal RAM mount.
Screw one of the included RAM ball-mounts to the back of the docking station. A short post connects the RAM ball-mount on docking station to another RAM ball-mount, which can be screwed onto virtually any flat surface.
This mount is adjustable to through a wide range of angles to accommodate different installation requirements.
Compatible With Many Iridium Products
The BEAM Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 is compatible with the Iridium 9555 satellite phone only. It is fitted with an TNC female antenna connector that will work with all “BEAM” and “Aero” branded Iridium passive and active external antennas.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 200mm x 75mm x 65mm (7.9″ x 3.0″ x 2.6″ )
- Dock Weight: 0.32 kg (0.7 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to 55°C (-14°C to 131°C)
- RJ11/POTS Telephone
- Iridium Short-Burst Data (SBD)
- Privacy Handset (optional add-on)
- Tracking and SOS
- Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone Docking
- 1x Mini-USB data interface
- 1x RJ11 POTS Port for connecting standard telephone set.
- 1x Privacy Handset port (4 pole 3.5mm jack)
- 1x Power Connector (4-way microFit (AC/DC adator, or DC lead))
- 1x Accessory / Ignition sense wire.
- 1x TNC female antenna connector.
- 1x SMA female GPS antenna connector.
- 1x Bluetooth (built-in wireless, voice only)
- Input Power: 9 – 32 VDC, 2A max.
For extra information, please check out the Iridium PotsDOCK 9555 product sheet in the “Documentation” tab above.