No products in the cart.
BGAN Global Standby Plan
- Payment Frequency: Monthly
- Monthly Payment: See “Compare Plans” tab
- Activation Fee: $50.00
- Minimum Contract Term: 12 Months
- Learn more about BGAN Satellite Data.
BGAN Monthly Plans
BGAN monthly plans are hassle-free and you don’t need to worry about using up all your data. There is a recurring monthly access fee to keep your subscription active, and airtime is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. Feel free to compare all BGAN plans in the “Compare Plans” tab, above.
Exclusive Premium Service Benefits For You
All of our BGAN service customers receive these complimentary, premium service benefits:
- Optimized account set-up
- Advanced traffic management
- Enhanced usage control/alerts
- Firewall controls
As part of our commitment to excellent customer service, we happily set-up these extras for our customers. They’ll save you time, money, and greatly improve your BGAN service experience. Learn more about BGAN Satellite Airtime Service from Chroma Communications.
The Online Sign-up Process
It’s fast and easy to purchase this monthly BGAN subscription through our website, (you can also call/email us to order).
STEP 1: Order
The “add-to-cart” price reflects the one-time activation fee for this plan and will be billed to you at checkout.
- Your plan will not be active after checkout —see step 2.
STEP 2: Complete A Service Application
After successfully checking out, we will email you an application form for the BGAN monthly plan of your choice. Fill this out and email it back to us. We’ll set-up your account, ship your SIM card and equipment (if ordered) and schedule your activation.
Service Activation Date
We can activate your service whenever you need it. Simply state your desired activation date on the application. We remotely activate your service on the date you specified. Don’t worry, we’re flexible—if your dates need to change, let us know!
Monthly Billing and Payment
All BGAN monthly airtime plans are postpaid. This means you pay at the end of each of month. Your bill will reflect the monthly plan rate, plus any applicable airtime usage charges (and taxes).
30 Day Terms:
At this time, we only provide 30-day terms to government agencies. Credit card information must be included on all applications for business and individual accounts. The provided credit card will be used for monthly billing, and any applicable interim billing, see below for details.
A billing threshold of $300 exists for all airtime usage. This means that once your airtime usage costs reach $300, your credit card will be charged.
Customers can set their own thresholds for airtime usage. These can be set up to send you an email alert or suspend your service once it reaches a certain point, whatever you prefer.
Custom Corporate Plans
We can create customized plans for government and business customers activating multiple SIM cards on the same account. Some limitations apply. Learn more.
What Can I Do with 1 Megabyte (MB)?
Every webpage you load, every email or text that you send/receive and every VOIP phone call you make is consuming data. All the data that you consume can be broken down into megabytes or fractions of megabytes. It’s impossible to say how many MB’s makes up a webpage, email or text message, because they are all different sizes. Some consume more megabytes than others. However, typical usage suggests that a reasonable estimate for one MB is approximately:
- 99 plain text emails, OR
- 3 emails with attachments,OR
- 5 web pages*, OR
- 1 digital photo.
*web pages refers to each time you navigate to a different page on somebody’s website.
Download a Monthly Rate Card
Get the full plan details. Download printable PDF versions of our monthly plan rates. Choose between U.S. dollar and Canadian dollar plans depending on your billing preference.
U.S. Rate Card - BGAN Monthly
Canadian Rate Card - BGAN Monthly
USD Pricing – BGAN Monthly Airtime
Choose one of these plans if you prefer to be billed in US dollars.
|Pricing in USD||BGAN Global Standby Plan||BGAN Basic Plan||BGAN Connect Plan||BGAN Plus Plan||BGAN Pro Plan|
| Included Data Bundle
(megabytes per month)
|Price||$ 55.00||$ 69.95||$ 110.00||$ 399.95||$ 2,495.00|
|Validity (months)||12 mo.||12 mo.||3 mo.||6 mo.||12 mo.|
| Activation Fee
|$50.00||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||FREE|
| Overage Costs
| Cost per MB
||$ 6.75/MB||$ 6.25/MB||$ 5.25/MB||$ 4.50/MB||$ 3.99/MB|
| Cost per Minute
|$ 0.99/min||$ 0.90/min||$ 0.70/min||$ 0.65/min||$ 0.59/min|
|Cost per Text (incoming)||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Cost per Text (outgoing)||$ 0.49/msg.||$ 0.49/msg.||$ 0.49/msg.||$ 0.49/msg.||$ 0.49/msg.|
|Purchase||View Plan||View Plan||View Plan||View Plan||View Plan|
CAD Pricing – BGAN Monthly Airtime
Choose one of these plans if you prefer to be billed in Canadian dollars.
|Plan Name||Included Data (megabytes)||Monthly Fee||Activation Fee||Minimum Term||Cost per Megabyte||Cost per Minute (in/out)||Cost per Text|
|BGAN Global Standby||
|$ 75.00||$50.00||12 months||$8.75/MB||$1.41/min.||FREE Incoming $0.70/text outgoing|
|$ 85.20||$50.00||12 months||$8.75/MB||$1.28/min.||FREE Incoming $0.70/text outgoing|
|$ 156.20||$50.00||3 months||$7.46/MB||$0.99/min.||FREE Incoming $0.70/text outgoing|
|$ 567.93||$50.00||6 months||$6.39/MB||$0.92/min.||FREE Incoming $0.70/text outgoing|
|$ 3,542.90||$50.00||12 months||$5.67/MB||$0.84/min.||FREE Incoming $0.70/text outgoing|
Hidden Costs aren’t fun. We believe in full pricing transparency so there won’t be any surprises when you get your bill. Please read through the sections below to familiarize yourself with our billing details and general conditions. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Billing increments: 20 KB for IP data sessions, 15 seconds for voice and ISDN calls, 5 seconds streaming calls and 160 characters for an SMS. Inmarsat applies billing increments to all the intermediate CDR’s, both for the uplink and downlink for background IP and on a combined basis for streaming traffic.
- Minimum durations: 100 KB for IP data sessions, 30 seconds for voice, ISDN and streaming calls. Inmarsat applies minimum volumes separately to both the uplink and downlink portions of data sessions for background IP. This applies to the first (partial) CDR.
- Idle session: Inmarsat will drop an IP session if it has been idle/passed no traffic for 12 hours, if the terminal has auto reconnect set as default a new session will be established and a 100 kb minimum charge applied.
- Allowance Packages are charged on a monthly basis and do not allow rollover of unused allowance to the next month.
- A one-time activation fee applies to all plans and will be billed at check-out.
- An early termination fee is applied to all service cancellations that occur prior to the contract’s expiry date. This fee is equal to the monthly plan price multiplied by the number of months remaining on the contract’s minimum term.
- The date of activation counts as the first month of the contract. (Example: a 12 month plan activated on March 18, 2013 ends on February 28, 2014).
- All monthly activations automatically renew at the end of the minimum contract period (as listed on the pricing chart).
- Activations are pro-rata, deactivations are based on a full month.
- When an Allowance Package is selected the allowance in the first month is also pro-rata. The applicable allowance for the first month is calculated based on the number of days (including the day of activation) in the month in which the Package is activated. (Example: the allowance in the first month of an allowance plan activated on 5 March will be 27/31 part of the total allowance for that month.
- SMS or voice services involving premium services will not be supported. Premium services are telephone numbers for telephone calls during which certain services are provided and for which higher than normal prices are charged.