No products in the cart.
inReach Explorer+ Satellite Messenger
Explore anywhere. Communicate everywhere. inReach Explorer+ is the satellite communicator and GPS navigator that uses 100% global Iridium coverage for 2-way text messaging and location tracking, anywhere in the world. Navigate with detailed, preloaded TOPO maps, follow routes, mark waypoints and find your way back. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way.
inReach Explorer+ Satellite Messenger
inReach Explorer+ Satellite Messenger – Features:
The inReach Explorer+ can be used as a stand-alone device with a full suite of navigation features for true navigation requirements on or off the beaten path
With global two-way messaging, SOS and GPS to enable location tracking and advanced navigation, inReach Explorer+ lets you stay safe and connected anywhere on Earth. inReach Explorer+ uses on-board, high-sensitivity GPS sensors to provide advanced navigation features and information overlaid on a Topographic map. You can drop waypoints, mark key locations, track your progress and follow a breadcrumb trail back to base.
- Two-Way, Custom Text Messaging:
- The virtual (on-screen) keyboard lets you select letters to send and receive custom typed text messages to SMS and email addresses, or other inReach devices.
- An easier option is to pair the inReach with your smartphone to create messages using the Earthmate App. This also lets you use your smartphone’s existing contact list.
- GPS Tracking and Advanced Navigation:
- Comes pre-loaded with Topographic maps so you can use this as a true stand-alone device for navigation and communication (unlike the inReach SE+).
- The built-in, high-sensitivity GPS provides location and tracking data to within 5 meters and better accuracy over that of a paired/companion mobile device.
- Built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer are included with Explorer+ to help you get and maintain accurate bearings anywhere.
- On-screen navigation features let you follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a bread crumb trail overlaid on a white grid-map (does not include Topographic map data on the device itself).
- SOS – Interactive:
- In true emergencies, hit the SOS button to alert search and rescue authorities. Then, have a text message conversation with them to describe your situation in more detail.
- All SOS alerts go directly to GEOS, the 24/7 international search and rescue monitoring centre.
- Weather Forecasts:
- Request basic, premium, or marine weather forecasts for any location. You can receive weather forecasts for your current location, a waypoint, or GPS coordinates.
- Location Sharing:
- Use the MapShare site to track and share your location online with family and friends, so they can ping your device and send you messages.
- Access to Advanced Mapping and Imagery:
- Pair with a mobile devices using the free Earthmate® app for access to TOPO maps, color aerial imagery and more.
The inReach SE+ Satellite Messenger is best for the following functions:
- Interactive SOS to get help in emergency situations.
- Sending and receiving 160 character text messages.
- Personal GPS tracking.
- Advanced navigational requirements.
- Getting weather updates.
The inReach SE+ Satellite Messenger comes with the following items:
- inReach Explorer+ two-way satellite communicator
- USB cable
- Carabiner clip
A Satellite Messenger with Advanced Navigation.
It’s peace of mind in the palm of your hand. inReach Explorer+ is the rugged satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for 2-way messaging anywhere in the world. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way. Plus, the built-in GPS, compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer are included to help you get and maintain accurate bearings anywhere.
Preloaded with Topographic maps* enables advanced navigation with a high-detail bread crumb trackback trail –while location tracking lets you easily share your location with family, friends, or emergency responders. There’s also a free Earthmate® app that lets you wirelessly pair an inReach Explorer+ with your mobile device (iOS and Android) via a Bluetooth connection and get unlimited access to aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts from anywhere on the planet.
Pairing also makes it easier to text message your friends and family, as you can access the existing contact list on your smart device.
*Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps are not compatible with other Garmin devices. Other Garmin maps not compatible with this device.
Affordable Life-Line Service
A monthly or annual airtime subscription is required for the inReach Explorer+. Plans are low cost and can be suspended when not in use for an even lower monthly fee.
Seasonal value and flexibility that you can afford.
- No annual contracts.
- Switch plans any time.
- Suspend your service in the off-season for only$2.95/month (CAD).
More information can be found at inReach Canada.
The inReach Explorer+ is supported by the Iridium global satellite network. See the coverage diagram map below:
GEOS Emergency Monitoring Service
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination centre that’s operational 24/7/365.
- Trained GEOS personnel serve as your SOS point of contact, and relay information to and from you and local responders.
- GPS tracking is automatically activated on your inReach Explorer+ when you send an SOS alert.
Get the Latest Weather
The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach device, compatible smartphone or tablet paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route. Basic and premium weather packages are offered. And you can request weather forecasts for your current location or any other waypoint or destination on your itinerary.
Transform your smartphone or tablet into a global satellite communication and navigation tool with the free Earthmate app. Access U.S. NOAA charts, and free DeLorme topographic maps, including new DeLorme® Open Street Maps with TOPO lines and contours for improved map detail in Canada and the rest of the world.
- Enables inReach-smartphone communication features.
- Enables access to free downloadable TOPO maps and U.S. NOAA charts, colour aerial imagery and more.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device’s address book for easy texting.
- Pairs via Bluetooth.
- Available free online at App Store®, Google Play™ or Amazon Appstore®.
Explore Web App
Use this cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, sync and manage your device, store all your location tracking data and much more.
- Use Mapshare to track and share your GPS location online with family and friends so they can ping your device and exchange messages.
- Load preset messages to your inReach or update your firmware link to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Manage your account and settings, including emergency contacts.
- Supports 27 languages including English (Canada) and French (France).
Which inReach Is Right for You?
As satellite communicators, both the inReach SE+ and Explorer+ offer identical messaging capabilities. However, it’s on the GPS navigation side that their differences become apparent. While inReach SE+ uses GPS to provide basic grid navigation and allow you to drop waypoints, mark key locations, track your progress, and follow a breadcrumb trail back to base – the inReach Explorer+ goes a step beyond, providing full-fledged GPS on-map guidance with preloaded TOPO mapping and waypoint routings viewable directly on the unit. Plus, a built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer are included with Explorer+ to help you get and maintain accurate bearings anywhere on or off the beaten path.
Other Compatible Apps
Enterprise Web App
inReach devices are also compatible with the Enterprise web app. The Enterprise web app is designed for organizations that need to support and monitor a large number of inReach users, require very short tracking intervals, and want the option to monitor their own SOS alerts. To use inReach with the Enterprise web app, inReach must be activated with special byte-based subscription plans. Contact us for details.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm (2.7″ x 6.5” x 1.5″)
- Weight with lithium batteries: 213 g (7.5 oz)
- Water/Durability Rating: IPX7 (splashes, rain or snow, showering, incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes).
- Two-Way Text Messaging
- GPS Tracking
- Advanced GPS Navigation
- 1 x Mini-USB port
- 1 x Transflective colour TFT display
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included)
- Or power directly from a 5v USB cable (included)
- Up to 100 hours at the default 10-minute tracking mode, 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode and up to 1 year in standby mode
- Transflective TFT colour graphic display
- On-sceen virtual keyboard
- User buttons
- status indicator light
Usage Control Features
- Directional pad
- Protected SOS button
- Menu button
- Enter button
- Quit/back button
- Zoom in/out buttons
- Preset message shortcut button
- Store up to 500 waypoints
- Store up to 20 routes
- 2GB Memory
For extra information, please check out the inReach brochure in the “Documentation” tab above.