No products in the cart.
Iridium GO! Marine Satellite Phone Installation Package for Boats
FREE Shipping* if ordered with airtime.
A great way to get wireless satellite phone connectivity anywhere on your boat. The Iridium GO! creates a wireless satellite connection that you can access with your smartphone or tablet to make/receive phone calls, texts and emails, even when cellular service is unavailable.
Order an Airtime Plan For This Device:
To use the Iridium GO! you’ll need a monthly or prepaid airtime plan. Add an airtime plan to your order and get FREE shipping:
View Monthly Plans - USD View Prepaid Plans
Out of stock
Categories: iridium go packages, iridium satellite phones, Equipment, Satellite Hotspots, Satellite Phones, Marine Phones
Iridium GO! Marine Satellite Phone Installation Package
Iridium GO! Satellite Hotspot – Features:
- Use your usual smartphone for satellite: voice, SMS, email, GPS positioning/tracking, SOS, photo sharing and more
- Small and compact.
- Supports up to 5 mobile devices within a 100′ (30.5 m) radius (1 network user)
- Apple and Android compatible.
- Provides 100% global satellite coverage with no gaps
- 5 hours talk time, 15.5 hours standby
- Data speeds up to 9.6 kbps with use of Iridium Mail & Web app.
- Not suitable for Internet browsing.
- Eliminates cellular roaming charges.
This package contains everything you need to install and use an Iridium GO! satellite hotspot on your boat.
The Iridium GO! is best when paired with a smartphone or tablet for the following functions:
- Phone Calls:
- Make or receive phone calls on your smartphone with a new satellite phone number.
- Each GO! device comes with it’s own unique phone number.
- All mobile devices connected to the GO! will ring when there is an incoming call.
- Text Messaging (two-way):
- Use the Iridium GO! App on your paired smartphone or tablet to create and send a text message to any phone number or email address.
- Uses the Iridium GO! satellite phone number for sending/receiving all texts.
- An inbound text will appear on all connected devices to the Iridium GO!
- SMS Instant messages take on average about 20 seconds to be sent or received by the GO! or recipient.
- An inbound text will appear on all connected devices to the GO!.
- Outbound texts from any one device will also appear on all devices connected to the GO!.
- iMessage and other texting Apps (that are not Iridium Go) will not work over the Iridium Data network.
- Short Email Capabilities:
- Send emails through the Iridium Mail and Web App on your connected device.
- Email on the GO! is conducted through the Iridium mail server using a new “@myiridium.net” email address.
- Each device connected to the GO may have its own email address. Register at iridium.com/mailandweb.
- Existing SMTP email or webmail accounts with other providers cannot be accessed by the GO! with GO! Data Minutes.
- Access to the @myiridium.net is only via the GO device. There is no web access webmail portal.
- Files may be sent as an attachment, or by using the “Photos” button in the Mail and Web App.
- Files may be received by email (to @myiridium.net) and require clicking on the “Big Mail” folder in the “Mail & Web” App.
- Send SOS Alerts:
- Programmable SOS button can be configured to notify the 24/7 global search and rescue coordination centre, or a define text/email address.
- Two ways to send an SOS alert
- Push the SOS button on the Iridium GO!
- Enable an SOS though the GO! App on your smartphone.
- An SOS initiated from the Iridium GO! App will provide the option for two-way voice communication with the designated contact.
- An SOS initiated by pressing the SOS button on the Iridium GO! device will only send an emergency message with location information.
- Social Networking:
- Send a tweet directly from the Iridium GO! app.
- Connect to your Facebook account through the Mail and Web app.
- Weather Information Gathering:
- Press the weather button inside the Mail and Web App for local conditions.
- GPS Positioning and Tracking:
- Show current position.
- Click on the Quick GPS send button in the Iridium GO! App to transmit your GPS coordinates to any email or text address, or you can set the GO! to transmit its current location at intervals of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, all the way to once every week.
- Not Suitable for Internet Browsing*
*Please note that this product is not recommended for Internet browsing. The Iridium satellite network cannot provide sufficient data speeds to make web browsing effective.
The Iridium GO! Satellite Hotspot comes with the following:
- Iridium GO! Satellite Hotspot
- Iridium GO! Device
- USB cable (also used for charging)
- AC charger (wall-outlet to USB, includes 4 international adapters)
- DC charger (cigarette lighter outlet to USB)
- Protective cover
- User Guide
- Legal booklet
- GEOS brochure
- External Antenna: Marine-grade, pole/railing mountable
- 30ft. Antenna Cable
- Antenna Adapter Cable (to connect Iridium GO! to 30ft. antenna cable).
- Iridium GO! Wall Mounting Bracket
Exclusive Premium Iridium Service Benefits For All
Choosing Chroma Communications as your Iridium voice services provider ensures you receive these complimentary service benefits to improve your Iridium experience and help you manage your airtime:
- Hassle-free, remote activation and airtime recharges.
- Automatically receive alerts for Iridium service disruptions (eg. Iridium network maintenance).
Perks specific to monthly and prepaid plans:
- 10 FREE minutes included in basic plan
- 10 FREE text messages included in basic plans
- FREE Incoming Calls
- FREE Call Display
- 30 day minimum term – cancel anytime afterwards.
- FREE Incoming Calls.
- FREE Voicemail.
- Rollover minutes on select plans.
- 30, 60 and 90 Extension Options on select plans.
- Automatically receive balance notifications via email when your prepaid card has less than 30 minutes remaining.
- Automatically receive expiry notifications via email 10 days before your prepaid card is due to expire (never miss your recharge date again!).
- Activate our automatic recharge option for a completely hassle-free experience.
We’re happy to set-up these premium extras for you as part of our commitment to excellent customer service. Save money, save time, save the inconvenience. Choose Chroma Communications for your Iridium airtime needs. We’ll keep you talking.
Turn Your Smartphone Into a Satellite Phone
Now your smartphone, laptop or tablet will work anywhere on the planet.
Designed to be paired with your existing smart device, the Iridium GO! is a satellite hotspot that provides reliable, global satellite connectivity for voice and data communication services. No worries. No roaming charges. Stay connected wherever you go.
Up to five devices can be connected to the Iridium GO! simultaneously, but only one can be in use at any given time—this product is most effective as a personal tool to improve your communications and safety when beyond cellular coverage.
When paired with an Iridium GO!, you can use your existing device for:
- Voice calls
- Email access
- Weather Information
- Social networking
- SMS two-way
- GPS tracking
- SOS alerts
Convenient, Wireless Satellite Phone Connectivity On Your Boat
This kit is packaged with a marine-grade external antenna that easily mounts to a horizontal or vertical piece of pipe or railing. Use the included wall-mounting bracket to securely fasten your Iridium GO! in the wheelhouse and run the included antenna cable (30ft. standard length provided) to the antenna.
For power, you have three options:
- Battery – you can run the Iridium GO! off of it’s own rechargeable battery. You will need to plug it in periodically for charging.
- DC Power – Use the included cigarette lighter-to-USB charging adapter to continuously power and charge the GO! while installed on your boat.
- AC Power – Use the included wall-outlet-to-USB charging adapter to continuously power and charge the GO! while installed on your boat.
How it Works
Flip up the integrated antenna and the Iridium GO! will automatically turn on, connect to the Iridium satellite network and create a wireless hotspot for voice and data connectivity—accessible through the Iridium GO! and Iridium Mail/Web apps on your smartphone or tablet.
Stay Connected through Apps
To pair the Iridium GO! with your smart device, download the Free Iridium GO! app from the apple store or google play. Once paired, your smartphone receives satellite connectivity through the Iridium GO!
Apple Compatible Apps:
Android Compatible Apps:
Whatever device you connect to the GO! will be your primary user-device for all communications. All actions must be done through the Iridium GO! or the Iridium Mail and Web apps. These are the main user-control areas for all the features that your Iridium GO! has to offer.
The Iridium GO! is supported by the Iridium satellite network, which provides global satellite voice and data communications services to users throughout the world. Widely considered to be one of the most reliable satellite communications networks, Iridium is a popular choice among many different user-groups and industries.
Rugged and Portable
Like other Iridium devices — the Iridium GO! is tough enough to withstand rain, sand, dust and rough use.
- Easily carry the Iridium GO! and stow it in your backpack.
- Mount the Iridium GO! in a cabin, trailer, vehicle, vessel or aircraft to stay connected on your adventures.
- Use the Iridium GO! in the workplace for light-duty, personal communications when beyond cellular connectivity.
Global Coverage & No roaming Charges
Chroma Communications’ Iridium Services offers portable/mobile voice connectivity wherever you go with no roaming fees. Feel free to travel anywhere on Earth with the Iridium GO! Learn more.
- Dimensions: 11.4 cm x 8.3 cm x 3.2 cm (4.5″ x 3.25″ x 1.25″)
- Weight with battery: 305 g (10.75 oz)
- Operating Temperature: – 10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- IP Rating: IP65 – jet water resistant, dust proof.
- MIL-STD 810F resistance to dust, shock, vibration, blowing rain
- Standard voice
- Text Messages (up to 160 characters)
- SOS Button to send alerts
- GPS Accuracy: Position 2.5 m (8.2′) CEP, Velocity 0.1 m/sec, Timing 60ns
- GPS TTFF: Hot start 1 second, cold start 29 seconds on average
- GPS Operational Limits: Altitude < 18,000 m, Velocity < 515 m/s (< 59,055′, Velocity < 1,689’/s)
- 1 x Micro-USB port
- Lithium ion (rechargeable)
- Stand-by time: 15.5 hours
- Talk Time: 5.5 hours
- 2.4 Ghz b, g, n; range up to 30 m (100′) from device
GEOS Emergency Monitoring and Response Coordination Service
You can configure your SOS button to obtain the Emergency Response Coordination Service provided by GEOS and staffed 24/7. Once the emergency notification request is received, the GEOS contacts the user directly to establish the nature of the emergency while alerting the appropriate search and rescue authorities.
Iridium GO! App – Details
- Configure settings
- Initiate a voice call over Iridium, from your smartphone
- Set-up Wi-Fi data calls
- Send quick GPS or check-in message
- Activate emergency SOS
- Iridium GO! status bar
- Iridium GO! battery life
Iridium Mail & Web App – Details
Required for optimal use of data on the Iridium GO!
- Draft and review emails offline
- Configure email size to minimize connection time
- Queue email to be sent up to 15 times faster than web-based services
- Retrieve emails from external accounts.
The Iridium GO! and External Antenna have a 1 year manufacturer’s limited warranty.