No products in the cart.
RST-740 Iridium Active Antenna
The ultimate Iridium external antenna. The RST740 supports antenna cable lengths up to 300ft (100m)—ideal for Iridium satellite phone and docking station installations in buildings and large facilities.
1 in stock
RST740 Iridium Active Antenna
RST740 Iridium Active Antenna – Features:
- This is an active Iridium Antenna. For use when required cable length is over 40ft (12m).
- Pole/mast mountable — a top-mounting bracket for a pole/pipe is included. Can accommodate a 1″ diameter pipe.
- High-quality enclosure can withstand harsh natural environments.
- Small footprint.
- Compatible with Iridium satellite phones and docking stations.
- Omni directional.
- This active antenna is powered and can support long cable runs.
- Power breakout/Signal amplifier box included.
This Iridium antenna is best for the following functions:
- Fixed-site applications where an Iridium satellite phone is installed inside a building that requires a long cable run (longer than 40ft. or 12m) between the antenna (outside) and the satellite phone/docking station (inside).
- Capturing Iridium voice and data signals to bring them inside a building .
- Situations where required antenna cable length is greater than 40ft. (12m).
- Built for use in fixed-site installations.
- Top-Mounting on a 1″ diameter pipe/pole.
The Iridium antenna comes with the following:
- Beam RST740 Iridium Active Antenna
- Pole-Mount Attachment
- Power Breakout/Signal Amplifier Box
- Ac to DC Power Supply with 6ft long power cord (plugs into standard wall-power outlet)
An External Iridium Active Antenna for Building Installations
This is an active antenna, which means that it is directly powered from a power supply (rather than an Iridium phone or docking station) and allows much thinner and cheaper antenna cable to run up to 300 ft (100m), which would never be possible with a passive Iridium Antenna such as the RST710 or RST720.
Using thinner types of antenna cable makes the installation process much easier and less expensive.
The RST740 Iridium active antenna is omni-directional, meaning it can acquire a signal from all directions. It must be top-mounted to a 1″ diameter pipe using the included pipe-mounting assembly.
For best performance, make sure this antenna has an unobstructed view of the sky.
Compatible With All Iridium Products
This antenna is fitted with an TNC male connector and will work with all Iridium products to capture Iridium voice and data signals.
- Antenna Dimensions (H x Diameter): 208.53mm x 142.49mm (8.21″ x 5.61″)
- Antenna Weight: 0.51 kg (1.125 lbs.)
- Operating Temperature: -25 to 55ºC (-13 to 131ºF)
- TNC female
- 1621MHz +/- 5
- Standby Power Draw: 0.32 Watts
- Power Draw: 3.2 Watts
- Peak Power Draw: 32 Watts
- Input Voltage: 9 – 36 VDC
For additional information, please check out the product brochure in the “Documentation” tab above.
This product has a 12 month manufacturer’s limited warranty.